PDFill | Overview | First | Previous | Next | Last
PDF Document Management 10: Add PDF Watermark by Text
This function adds a PDF Watermark using stylized text string that appears behind or over the existing PDF document content when a document is displayed or printed.
There are property options for Text string, Position and PDF Action. For example, you might want to apply a TOP SECRET watermark to pages with sensitive information. You can specify the page or range of pages on which each watermark appears.
You can save the options as a name so that it can be resumed later. All the saved names are stored with file name "PDFillEditor_Text_Watermarks" under PDFill folder like "C:\Program Files (x86)\PlotSoft\PDFill\Saved". You can copy this file to another computer so that other people can use your saved Watermark Options of PDFill PDF Editor.
Batch (DOS) Command Support:
You can start a batch job in Windows by issuing the
execution command directly from the MS-DOS command prompt window without
opening the PDFill GUI.
Here are the steps on how to add a PDF Watermark by Text or Change the Properties for PDF Watermark by Text:
Choose Document Menu > Watermark > Watermark by Text
or click Watermark by Text Button in the Document Toolbar.
Here is the dialog of Watermark by Text's Properties:
There are properties options for Text properties, Position and Action. Here is the list of the properties:
Watermark by Text onto PDF Page Click the button to show Watermark by Text onto PDF Page Preview Page Use the Preview Page option to see different pages of the PDF Text Properties:
Select a string from the text box or type a new string into the String box
Click here to see the listed links to international graphical representations, and textual listings, of each of the Windows codepages that PDFill supports
Some font is empty for the selected Font Encode. You must play with several fonts to see if it works inside PDFill
Font Enbed Font Embedding allows the fonts used in the creation of a text string to travel with that PDF document, ensuring that a user sees that text string exactly as the designer intended them to be seen. But, it requires bigger PDF file size. There are 3 options: Auto, NOT Embedded and Embedded
Font Regular, Bold, Italic and Bold Italic
Font Color The color of the text
The size of the Font. If EMPTY or 0, font size will be decided automatically by "Scale to Page"
The Type of Striking: Fill, Strike, Fill and Strike, Invisible and Searchable
Stroke Color The color of the stroke Stroke Size The percentage of the actual Font Size Alignment Text Alignment in horizontal direction: Left, Central and Right UnderLine A single line along the bottom of text StrikeThrough A line in the middle of the text Blend Mode 12 Color Blend Modes for the text. Save into a new PDF to see effect Transparency Overall Transparency of the text Position Properties: Scale to Page Click this option to decide the font size automatically
The rotation degree from 3 clock relative to the Text Box center
Vertical Distance The vertical distance from Top, Center and Bottom Horizontal Distance The horizontal distance from Left, Center and Right Pages Not Shown:
Enter the pages that watermark is not shown. For example: 1, 6, 3-7, even, odd
It will show on the Foreground or Background of the PDF document
Save: Save the options as a name so that it can be resumed later.
Remove: You can remove the selected Name Option.
Batch (DOS) Command Support:
You can start a batch job in Windows by issuing the execution command directly from the MS-DOS command prompt window without opening the PDFill GUI.
(It is only available for the registered user of PDFill PDF Editor)
"C:\Program Files\PlotSoft\PDFill\PDFill.exe" WatermarkText Input.pdf Output.pdf "Top Secret" -fontEncode "Western" -fontName "Times New Roman" -fontStyle 3 -rgbFontColor "0 0 255" -rgbStrikeColor "255 0 0" -flagLayout 0 -drawType 1 -StrokeSize 1.0 -flagOrder 0 -transparency 0.5 -pageNotShown "1,3-6, last"
- "Top Secret": The string to be added as Watermark. Must have "" if there is space.
- -fontEncode "Western": (Optional) Font Encode. Default is "Western".
- -fontName "Times New Roman": (Optional) Font name. Default is "Times New Roman".
- -fontStyle 0: (Optional) Font Styles: 0 (Regular), 1 (Bold), 2 (Italic) and 3 (Bold Italic).
- -rgbFontColor "0 0 255": (Optional) Font color in Red, Green and Blue Component between 0 to 255. Default is 0 0 255. Note: Put "" on the 3 values and each value (0-255) is separated with space.
- -rgbStrikeColor "255 0 0": (Optional) Strike color in Red, Green and Blue Component between 0 to 255. Default is 255 0 0. Note: Put "" on the 3 values and each value (0-255) is separated with space.
- -flagLayout 0: (Optional) 0 (Horizontal), 1 (Vertical), and 2 (Diagonal). Default is 0.
- -drawType 1: (Optional) 0 (Fill), 1 (Stroke), 2 (Fill and Stroke), and 3 (Invisible). Default is 1.
- -StrokeSize 1.0: (Optional) the stroke size using Percent of the actual font size. Default is 1.0.
- -flagOrder 0: (Optional) 0 is Background and 1 is Foreground. Default is 1.
- -transparency 0.5: (Optional) value between 0 and 1. Default is 0.
- -pageNotShown "1,3-6, last": (Optional) The pages not shown.
"C:\Program Files\PlotSoft\PDFill\PDFill.exe" WatermarkText "D:\BatchTest\FormsAPIReference.pdf" "D:\BatchTest\output.pdf" "Top Secret" -fontEncode "Western" -fontName "Times New Roman" -fontStyle 3 -rgbFontColor "0 0 255" -rgbStrikeColor "255 0 0" -flagLayout 0 -drawType 1 -StrokeSize 1.0 -flagOrder 0 -transparency 0.5 -pageNotShown "1,3-6, last"
PDFill Copyright 2002-2022 by PlotSoft L.L.C.. All rights reserved.